Computer Resource Usage Agreement
The following policies have been determined and set forth by the Computer Science Department at UAHuntsville.
- Your login is for your personal use! Do not give your password to anyone else. This includes a fellow student, spouse, relative, friends, or even a university employee.
- You acknowledge that your account and all associated files may be deleted if the account has not been accessed for a period of six months.
- All student accounts expire automatically at the end of the current semester.
- Valid passwords must be eight or more characters in length and include at least one upper case and one lower case letter, at least one digit, and one special character. Do not use words or names since these are easily guessed.
- Your usage of the Internet is primarily for educational and / or research purposes. Your use of the Internet is limited to software provided by the Computer Science Department. You are not allowed to install software or add Internet services without the approval of the System Administrator.
- Do not attempt to access files owned by other users without specific permission.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the labs. Treat the equipment as if you paid for it (you really did).
- Due to the high cost of printing, we have found it necessary to implement a print quota system. Each user will be allocated a specific number of pages for the semester. The allocation will vary based on the number of classes for which you are enrolled. You may check your "Print Quota" by double clicking the [CS Desktop] folder and then [Check Print Quota] icon when you are logged into a Windows PC in labs N327, N328, or N329.
- Any external media you bring into our network, such as usb drives, will be scanned by our anti-virus, anti-malware and security utilities upon insertion into a computer. Any malicious files on the media may be cleaned or deleted. If you do not agree to this, do not plug your drives into our computers.
- You must not engage in any illegal or legally questionable activities using any university resources. If in doubt, refer to CS105 computer Ethics or ask a member of the Systems Support Team.
- Every computer user will follow the UAHuntsville General Computer Use Policy.
Any breach of this agreement could result in punitive action, including (but not limited to) loss of computer privileges, deletion of your account, departmental action, applicable disciplinary action, and referral to local law enforcement or police authority.
I understand that my account is not a guaranteed service. I acknowledge that I am responsible for my own backups and I will not hold UAHuntsville liable for any damages or losses I may incur through the use or lack of use of this account. My clicking on the accept button means that I have read, fully understand and agree to all terms explained in this agreement.