- Associate Professor in Computer Science at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, Huntsville, Alabama U.S.A.
- President, Teamwork Evaluation and Modeling Inc., a company that helps teams visualize and improve their cooperation
Over 30 years of experience teaching at the university level
- 16 different courses, undergraduate (including Honors) and graduate, many online learning sections
Extensive scholarly and professional publication record
- 16 refereed journal articles, over 40 refereed conference and meeting papers in the areas of knowledge modeling, logic, database semantics, software engineering, and team mental models.
Successful investigator and researcher
- Principal Investigator or Co-PI with over $700K awarded for sponsored research
- Experienced consultant for legal firms and commercial enterprises
Experience in university administration
- Five years as Director of the Honors College, offering a campus-wide enriched academic curriculum for especially talented undergraduate students.
Experience in international standards development
- First editor of the international standard ISO/IEC 24707:2007 - Common Logic (CL): a framework for a family of logic-based languages
- Extensive experience in university governance and administrative committees
Accomplished public speaker to both general and technical audiences
- 19 invited talks in six countries
Software developer in Java and C++
- Author of CharGer, a conceptual graphs editing package that has been used in over 70 countries
- Principal Author of the Mental Models Acquisition Tool, licensed by UAH to Teamwork Evaluation and Modeling, Inc.
- Recipient of College of Science Dean's Service Award and a NASA Faculty Fellowship
Last modified Sunday, August 28, 2016